We have reached an impasse with the Department for Transport in my long running campaign for wide ranging reform to the Road Traffic Act 1988 as well as the MIB Agreements. The DfT has decided to continue with its limited reform regardless. So I have today submitted a detailed complaint to the European Commission.
- Unlawful geographic and technical restrictions to the wider scope of the insurance cover required;
- Inappropriate allocation and treatment of compulsorily insured claims as uninsured claims under a more onerous scheme;
- Wrongful exclusions of liability;
- Wrongful deductions made from a claimant’s full compensatory entitlement in untraced and uninsured driver claims;
- Extensive failures to comply with the Community law legal certainty principle and the principles of equivalence and effectiveness.